Calling All Creative Coyotes!
National PTA Reflections
"Show Your Voice" is the theme for the 2022-2023 school year. Create original works of art in as many of the categories as you choose: Visual Art, Dance Choreography, Photography, Video Production, Literature and Music. Each entry will receive Coyote Cash for participating and there will be art themed prizes for the top entrants! All artwork will be exhibited digitally for all our friends at Schell to see!
SPECIAL NOTE: All entrants must have at least one current Schell Elementary PTA member in their household for this school year. Click HERE to renew or join the PTA.
**Be recognized for your creativity!**
Submit your art digitally below...follow directions on the banner.
Click and SUBMIT the form by NOV 9th 3 pm.
To submit your art digitally, follow directions on this video:
What is the Reflections Art Program?
The National PTA Reflections Program is America's oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. Reflections welcomes students of all grade levels and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are encouraged to reflect on the common theme and create original artistic works in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per student as long as the rules are followed.
- Program Rules English | Spanish
- Student Entry Forms English | Spanish
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form linked above.
- You can type directly into the pdf.
- Reflect the current theme in each entry.
- In the Artist's Statement space provided, explain your art so that the judges understand what you are trying to communicate in your entry.
- Guidelines and requirements must be met or the entry will not be judged (see the program rules above).
- Submit completed entries in person.
- Entry Deadline: 2ND WEDNESDAY OF NOVEMBER (11/9/22)
- Please email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
"What do we win? Is this a contest?"
- This is not technically a contest. It is truly a program created to give students a forum to explore the arts and expand their interests and talents.
- Students are individually judged on their project and not judged against the other students.
- They are judged on how well they explain their art fits the theme, the mastery of the medium used and their creativity.
- Submissions will be displayed at the school and top entries will be featured in the yearbook.
- Top entries will advance to Plano ISD Council of PTAs at the beginning of December for the next level judging with potential to advance to the Texas PTA and National PTA level.
Reflections Theme Search 2023-2024
Each year, National PTA’s Reflections Program adopts a new theme that students use when creating their artwork. Theme ideas are submitted by students from across the country. The student who submits the winning entry receives $100 and his/her theme is used as the foundation for Reflections in a following year. For additional information, please visit the Texas PTA Reflections Theme Search page.